Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Do Kitlers Cross the Line?

 A Serbian site devoted to cats that look like Hitler--funny, in poor taste, or both?
 http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/cgi-bin/seigmiaow.pl

WWII is still a very sensitive subject in Germany. I asked a German friend of mine what  they thought of these feline fuhrers:



"I think it is stupid and I am sick of Americans who have no clue about what it was like to be a German under Hitler to come up with nonsense like that. That is what I think about it:-) Come up with a cat that looks like Bush ..."

So I decided to try to find cats that look like Bush--nothin. I think his animal look-alikes are the dogs he paints. If you haven't seen his artwork, check out this link.

 But I DID find Putin:





And Stalin:


But nothing as interesting as Kitlers:


My friend went on to say:

 "I am sooooooooooooooooo tired of it. They point fingers at Germans while their (American) Natives die of hunger in a land that has to much of everything. Americans should pay attention to their own dirt in their front yard.I could go on and on and on. My grandfather has told me some , not all, stories about Hitlers days and it was not pretty, I was born 30 mins away from Bergen Belsen concentration camp."

I asked my friend if there are any counterculture Nazi skinheads in Germany like there are in America. She said this: 

"We have skinheads in Germany... those dumbassed from the old East German that do not know how to hold a job, blaming it on the Turkish workers in Germany. But guess what there is no free speech for these haters. Their demonstration and hater speeches are not appreciated and not allowed, There small brain and small pipi idiots all over the world, Germany has some too.

My Grandma has 3 brothers missing in action, she will go into her grave not knowing where or what ever happened to them. Yes Holocaust was AWFUL, the sickest thing ever, but it is not that the bad Germans supported Hitler because they wanted to. 

Germans that spoke up against Hitler got killed in public to send a message. If you had a child and did not sent it to the organized Hitler Youth
Germans that spoke up against Hitler got killed in public to send a message.


 If you had a child and did not sent it to the organized Hitler Youth camp weekly your family would be called out on Thursdays on the market place. And everybody in the crowd was told, if you employ this family, if you help this family or allow their children to go o school : YOU ARE NEXT! 

So as a German you either did what the SS said or you were dust. The boyfriend of my great aunt talked about what happened in the concentration camp and next day never returned back from work.. poof peng gone. 

My Grandma has 3 brothers missing in action, she will go into her grave not knowing where or what ever happened to them. Yes Holocaust was AWFUL, the sickest thing ever, but it is not that the bad Germans supported Hitler because they wanted to. 

You are in the crowd and SS drives by and you do not show your hand for the Hitler greeting guess what your ass was dead that same moment..... so stuff like that... that is why it drives me mad when I hear people talking smack about Germans and their history."

I found this very enlightening as I have pretty limited knowledge of WWII.

No surprise that the Kitler site has plenty of hate mail, but I respect the fact that they post it, and it is nearly as entertaining as the cats (oh wait, I wasn't supposed to admit that this site made me laugh):


"
How can you possibly endorse or support facist racism?  dont you know your history?  it's people like you who oppressed and killed my people.  do you think your that much better than us?  your trying to make hitler and natzism look cute - by asociating small, adorable cats with their hatred.  its NOT cute not NOT funny and i am offended.  I told my grandfather who spent time at the Warstein concentration camp and he almost cried.  i expect an apology!"
- Moses Finklestein


"This is probably the worst website I have ever seen!! Why on earth is this entertaining!? The pictures are of the same dam cat! Next thing it will be birth marks that resemble countries or celebrities!!! GET A LIFE!!!"
- anonymous

"Get a job!"
- anonymous


 "I feel for the first time in my life that I have no sense of humour: no cat deserves any connection with Hitler. (am not Jewish, but would quite like to be, but I do really like cats)"
- Alison


However, they have plenty of supporters as well:


"I am privileged to know several Holocaust survivors and can assure you that none of them would be in the slightest bit troubled by your Kitler fanclub. As a Jew with a (admittedly sick) sense of humour I can honestly say I love your site more than I love gefilte fish, dancing in circles and those stupid little hats - all put together. I showed the site to my mum who teaches a university course in Holocaust studies and she loved it so much she is looking at ways of integrating it into her teaching and research. Watch this space for "A Post-Structuralist Analysis of the Socio-Semiotics of Fuhrer/Feline Inter-Contextuality".
-Gavin


However you feel about Kitlers,  "A Post-Structuralist Analysis of the Socio-Semiotics of Fuhrer/Feline Inter-Contextuality" is a great read. 

What I want to know, is what do they do with all the kitlers that are born in Germany? Are they discriminated against? Killed? Exiled?

Poor things have no control over their pattern. Someone needs to start a kitler rescue. Looks like the kitler site does some work with shelters, but do you think skinheads and KKK members seek them out?

However you may feel about it, kitlers are here to stay along with cats that look like other celebrities, LOL cats, cat memes, etc. and the cats are probably wondering this:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spare the aliens a brain hack- Just say what's on your mind!